May 20, 2011

Introducing Jem-N-eye!

From Jesseblu........the 'grand unveiling' of 'Honey'- My personal 'Cloud' guitar.. I first got the idea last September when I was in so much pain all the time (kidney stones), and it was an excellent diversion!.. The top neck is a sitar, the bottom, a standard electric.. (Christina came up with 'Gemini', which I re-spelled {Jem-N-eye) according to the traditions of Our Purple Yoda.. I think that might be the one that sticks over 'honey' since His Purple Attitude IS in fact, a Gemini
The all maple beasty IS a bit hefty (but happily balanced- Many double necks are 'neck heavy'- Not this one!), but sounds friggin' awesome! All that maple vibrating with every note! Aside from primo pickups, etc., I opted for the 'Tone Styler' module from Stellartone rather than a conventional tone knob- It's WELL worth it, as I can get this thing to go as dark as any Gibson hollow body with a few clicks without it sounding like somebody's put a pillow over your speakers- AND it's passive!
Right on with the purple LED's (they show up slightly blue in pics- in some light, it looks almost white, but it's as close to purple as mere mortals can manage) Great for dark stages!


www.ergoinstruments.com


1 comment:

  1. Really nice blog, I watched it all ! Great and rare pictures. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete